Jeffery J. Oven Partner
Jeff Oven is a Partner in the Litigation Department in the Billings office. His practice primarily focuses on commercial litigation, including complex natural resource litigation, oil and gas litigation, banking litigation, and IP litigation. Jeff is a trial attorney and has litigated cases through trial in both state and federal courts. Jeff often serves as national counsel for his clients and has handled matters venued in Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Minnesota, New York, Virginia, California, Washington, Georgia, Florida and Washington D.C. Jeff has served as Crowley Fleck PLLP’s Litigation Department Chair and is currently a member of the Firm’s three person Management Committee. He is listed as “exceptional” in Benchmark Litigation and as a “rising star” in Super Lawyers. He has an “AV” or “preeminent” Martindale-Hubbell rating and has had that rating since his first year of eligibility.
- American Bar Association
Montana Bar Association
Wyoming Bar Association
Montana Supreme Court
Wyoming Supreme Court
9th Circuit Court of Appeals
- 10th Circuit Court of Appeals
- 1996 – Western Michigan University
- 1999 - Juris Doctor with Honors, University of Wyoming College of Law
Awards and Honors
- Jeff is listed as “exceptional” in Benchmark Litigation and as a “rising star” in Super Lawyers. He has an “AV” or “preeminent” Martindale-Hubbell rating and has had that rating since his first year of eligibility.
Community and Professional Involvement
- Knights of Columbus
- Volunteer for School District No. 2
* The Wyoming State Bar does not certify any lawyer as a specialist, or expert. Anyone considering a lawyer should independently investigate the lawyer's credentials and ability, and not rely upon advertisements, or self-proclaimed expertise.
-- Rule 7.2, Wyoming Rules of Professional Conduct