Daniel D. Johns is Of Counsel in the Kalispell Commercial and Litigation Departments. His practice focuses primarily on representing and counseling employers in areas of traditional labor law (e.g. NLRB and matters related to labor organizations), unlawful discrimination, sexual harassment, wrongful termination, compensation issues, and personnel policies. Mr. Johns also has experience in commercial, real estate and real estate development issues.
After practicing with an Indianapolis, Indiana law firm whose work focused on labor and employment issues, Mr. Johns moved his practice home to Montana in 1979.
Mr. Johns is a member of the Northwest Montana, State of Montana, and American Bar Associations. The Crowley Fleck law firm is the Montana representative in the Employment Law Alliance, and Mr. Johns is its contract attorney for this international network of labor and employment lawyers who are dedicated to assisting employers.
- Business, Governance, Operations, and Transactions
- Healthcare Labor and Employment
- Physician Organizations and Issues
- Plans, Managed Care, Employee Benefits, and Executive Compensation
- Labor & Employment
- Advice and representation in employment litigation, including wrongful discharge and discrimination matters
- Commercial Real Estate Acquisition, Sales and Leasing
- Condominium and Homeowners’ Associations
- Development, Zoning and Land Use
Indiana, 1973 (presently inactive)
U.S. District Court for Montana, 1980
U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 2001
1973 – J.D., cum laude, Indiana University
1973 – M.B.A. Indiana University
1968 – B.A. St. Olaf College
Honors & Awards
Chambers USA – Leading Lawyers in Labor & Employment (2014)
Rotary Club of Kalispell, President 1999-2000
Kidsports, President, 1996-Present
Kalispell Pee Wee Baseball, President, 1982-2005
Montana Board of Labor Appeals, Chairman, 1989-1997