Shelby is an associate in the Billings, MT office and practices with the Labor and Employment practice group. Shelby’s practice focuses on employee benefits, including both retirement plans and health and welfare benefits. Shelby aids plans and employers with ERISA, ACA, and regulatory compliance.
After graduating from the University of Montana in 2014, Shelby attended Notre Dame Law School where she received her Juris Doctor, cum laude, in 2017. Shelby is a third-generation Montanan and Billings native.
- Employee Benefits, ERISA & Executive Compensation
- Affordable Care Act
- Cafeteria Plan Advice
- Discrimination Issues for Health Plans
- Discrimination Issues for Retirement Plans
- Fiduciary Duty Issues for Health Plans
- Fiduciary Duty Issues for Retirement Plans
- Fixing Benefits Plans with the IRS and DOL
- Health Plan Design and Compliance
- Keeping a Qualified Retirement Plan Tax-Qualified
New York, 2018
2017- J.D., University of Notre Dame Law School, cum laude
2014- B.A., University of Montana
Prior Experience (Employment)
Prior to joining Crowley Fleck, Shelby interned with the New York State Division of Human Rights and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in New York City.
Yellowstone Area Bar Association
American Bar Association