Patrick S. CoffeyOffice: Missoula
Pat is Of Counsel in the firm’s Missoula, MT office. He is a member of the Healthcare and Commerical Litigation practice groups.
Pat has more than 30 years of experience successfully representing corporations, executives and officers in civil and criminal investigations and enforcement matters, including the defense of False Claims Act cases and qui tam whistleblower actions.
Pat represents clients across a span of industry settings and is experienced in complex healthcare, securities, tax, and other corporate fraud and corruption matters, including export and trade regulation violations, accounting fraud, procurement fraud, antitrust violations, FCPA/bribery, money laundering and environmental crimes.
Pat also leads internal investigations for corporate clients in sensitive matters, advises clients on
effective corporate compliance and ethics programs, and has led monitoring and other significant
compliance engagements. In business litigation, Pat represents corporations, directors and officers in
complex commercial disputes.
- Commercial Litigation
• U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar)
• U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
• U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
• U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
• U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
• U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
• U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
• U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
• U.S. Tax Court
• U.S. Supreme Court
B.A., University of Wisconsin-Madison
J.D., Chicago-Kent College of Law
Honors & Awards
• U.S. District Court and Chicago Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, Excellence in Pro Bono and
Public Interest Service Award
• Panel of the Eastern District of Wisconsin, Magistrate Judge Merit Selection
• Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
• Chambers USA, Healthcare Law
• Attorneys Who Matter: Healthcare/Pharma, Ethisphere Institute
• Nightingale’s Healthcare News, Outstanding Health Care Litigator
• Illinois Super Lawyers
• Leading Lawyers, Commercial Litigation