Alan C. BryanOffice: Billings
- Representation of public mining company in nine-figure transaction for streaming agreement.
- Representation of public streaming and investment company in nine-figure transaction for streaming agreement relating to mining properties. Lead project counsel (approximately 23 attorneys staffed the project).
- Representation of purchaser in nine-figure transaction for the acquisition of coalbed methane leasehold interests midstream gathering pipelines and related operating assets. Lead project counsel (six attorneys staffed the project).
- Representation of public mining company in nine-figure transaction for purchase of two large operating mines. Co-lead counsel on real estate diligence and related matters (approximately 19 attorneys staffed real estate diligence and related matters).
- Representation of public mining company in royalty dispute litigation involving nine-figures over the life of mine. In a case of first impression the court ruled in client’s favor holding that the royalty was abandoned. Lead litigation counsel.
- Representation of national lender in seven-figure secured construction loan involving high-end hotel. Local project counsel and lead opinion counsel.
- Representation of numerous borrowers and lenders with state multi-state and multi-national secured financing transactions involving a diverse set of property including oil and gas gold and silver coal wind solar pipeline transloading facility refinery electric generation facility Native American lands hospital hotel nursing home multi-family dwellings condominium commercial airport farm and ranch and FANNIE MAE. Local and lead project counsel lead opinion counsel.
- Representation of numerous public companies with pipeline rights-of-way renewals involving Native American Tribes and individual Indians including condemnation proceedings. Co-counsel for negotiated renewals and lead condemnation counsel.
Alan C. Bryan is a Partner in the Commercial Department. He has been with the firm since 1997 and is a past chairman of the Commercial Department. Alan’s practice emphasizes transactional and financing projects, including matters involving Native American issues. Alan has represented clients in the leasing, acquisition, development, and divestiture of a diverse range of commercial properties, including real estate development and construction, oil and gas properties, coal and hardrock mines, energy gathering and transportation systems, and wind energy. Alan’s financing practice includes multi-state and international financing of commercial properties, oil and gas properties, and mining and wind energy projects. Alan’s practice also includes matters involving Tribal and Native American issues, such as leasing and development of commercial projects located on Indian reservations, acquisition of rights-of-way for oil and gas development and transportation, negotiating mineral development agreements with Tribes and individual Allottees, wind energy projects, financing, and litigation involving Native American issues. Alan is licensed to practice in Montana, North Dakota, and Wyoming, and is admitted to practice on numerous Indian reservations.
- Banking and Finance
- Financing, Loan Structuring, and Documentation
- Creditors’ Rights & Bankruptcy
- Debt Restructuring and Workouts
- Personal Property Foreclosures, Claim and Delivery, Replevin, and Injunctive Remedies
- Energy & Minerals Projects & Transactions
- Indian Law
- Oil and Gas
Tribal Courts in Montana & Wyoming
1996 – J.D. University of Wyoming School of Law
1993 – B.A. Finance, University of Wyoming
Honors & Awards
Best Lawyers in America for Real Estate Law (2017-Present)
Fellow, American College of Real Estate Lawyers – Montana Representative Acquisitions Committee
Montana State Bar Association
Wyoming State Bar Association
North Dakota State Bar Association
Montana Land Title Association
ABA Business Law Section
Montana Bankruptcy Section
North Dakota Indian Law Section
Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation