Casey A. FureyOffice: Bismarck
- Advised and represented clients before the North Dakota Public Service Commission in various regulatory matters - including administrative rulemaking proceedings and permitting proceedings such as siting of transmission and wind energy conversion facilities.
- Advised clients on state legislation and potential legal impacts to the wind industry – drafted proposed legislation and assisted in developing legislative strategy.
- Advised clients on PHMSA regulations.
- Advised clients on permitting matters before local political subdivisions.
Casey A. Furey is an Associate in the firm’s Bismarck, North Dakota office and is a member of the Natural Resource and Environmental Litigation and Energy Projects Practice Groups. Casey’s practice focuses primarily on administrative and regulatory affairs, including practicing before the North Dakota Public Service Commission. Casey graduated from the University of North Dakota School of Law in December 2013, and earned a B.A. in Political Science from Colorado State University. Prior to joining the firm, Casey served as a Special Assistant Attorney General for the North Dakota Public Service Commission.
- Oil and Gas
- Lobbying, Regulatory and Administrative Affairs
- Pipelines, Transmission Lines and Other Linear Facilities
- Renewable Energy
- Permitting and Environmental
- Associated Transmission Lines
- Environmental Law
- Regulatory and Administrative Affairs
North Dakota, 2014
2013 – J.D., University of North Dakota School of Law
2010 – B.A., Political Science, Colorado State University
Honors & Awards
Great Plains Super Lawyers – Rising Star (2018)
State Bar Association of North Dakota
Ethics Committee of the State Bar Association of North Dakota – July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2019
Big Muddy Bar Association
Judge Bruce M. Van Sickle American Inn of Court
Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation
American Bar Association Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources
Presentations & Publications
Wind Siting in North Dakota, North Dakota Law Review Energy Law Symposium (2017)
Environmental Due Diligence and CERCLA Surprises, State Bar Association of North Dakota Real Property, Probate and Trust Seminar (2016)