Jessica Schneider is an Associate in the firm’s Cheyenne, WY office. She is a member of the firm’s Taxation, Trusts, & Estates practice group. Jessica’s practice focuses on trust and estate planning and administration, business planning, business transactions, and real estate. Jessica has extensive experience in administering trusts as well as drafting them.
Jessica’s experience includes:
• Representation of and advice to clients regarding trust, estate, business, and tax planning.
• Representation of and advice to banks and other corporate trustees regarding trust administration.
• Representation of and advice to buyers, sellers, and real estate professionals regarding real estate transactions.
• Representation of and advice to clients regarding tax deeds.
• Representation of and advice to clients regarding general business contracts.
• Representation of and advice to clients regarding trust, business, real estate, and contract related litigation.
- Business Organizations
- Mergers, Acquisitions & Other Business Transactions
- Construction Law
- Contract Drafting and Negotiation
- Real Estate
- Commercial Real Estate Acquisition, Sales and Leasing
- Business Entities
- Nonprofit and Tax-Exempt Organizations
- Real Estate Transactions
- Wealth Transfer Taxes
- Trusts & Estates
- Business Succession Planning
- Estate Planning
- Fiduciary Obligations and Estate and Trust Litigation
- Guardianships, Conservatorships and Disability Planning
- Premarital Agreements
- Probate, Estate and Trust Administration
- Retirement Planning
- Tax Planning
2008 – J.D., University of Wyoming, College of Law
2003 – B.S., University of Wyoming, Finance
Prior Experience (Employment)
2016-2020, Hirst Applegate, LLP, Cheyenne, WY
2010-2016, Prehoda, Leonard, and Edwards, Laramie, Wy
2008-2010, First Interstate Bank, Laramie, WY
Cheyenne Symphony Orchestra
Equal Justice for Wyoming Volunteer
2008 – Present: Southeast Wyoming Estate Planning Council
2012-2014: Inaugural Interim Professor for the Estate Planning Clinic, University of Wyoming College of Law
Presentations & Publications
March 2020: “Estate Planning for the Small Business Owner Webinar” – Wyoming SBDC Network and the University of Wyoming
November 2018: “Grantor Trusts Webinar” – 13th Annual Paralegal Summit hosted by American Alliance
June 2018: “Trust Administration Hurdles” – National Business Institute CLE for Professionals
May 2017: “Special Needs Trusts” – National Business Institute CLE for Professionals
May 2017: “Grantor Trusts” – National Business Institute CLE for Professionals
January 2014: “Planning with Portability” – Southeast Wyoming Estate Planning Council
December 2013: “Understanding Tax Procedures to Avoid Problems Later” – National Business Institute CLE for Professionals
September 2013: “Portability Presentation” – Annual Wyoming State Bar Convention