James L. MowryOffice: Sheridan
- Representation of mining company in eight figure divestiture of mining project including title due diligence and curative.
- Representation of private equity firm in nine figure acquisition of non-operated oil and gas leasehold interests in the Bakken formation - principally involved in the area of due diligence title review and defect curative.
- Representation of private equity firm in eight figure acquisition of non-operated oil and gas leasehold interests in the Bakken formation - principally involved in the area of due diligence title review and defect curative.
- Representation of oil and gas developers in regulatory filings related to purchase and sale of interstate pipeline facility.
- Representation of major public mining company in nine-figure transaction for purchase of two large operating mines.
- Representation of small business owners in a six figure asset acquisition of a cleaning and restoration business.
Jim is a Partner in the Sheridan, WY office and is co-chair of the firm’s Oil and Gas Practice Group. His practice focuses on due diligence, acquisitions and divestitures, and title work for the oil and gas and energy industries. Jim also represents clients in litigation matters in state and federal courts, and before state administrative agencies including the Wyoming Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, the Wyoming Public Service Commission, the Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission and the North Dakota Industrial Commission. He also enjoys assisting clients with real estate and commercial transactions.
- Business Organizations
- Mergers, Acquisitions & Other Business Transactions
- Non-Profit Entities
- Energy & Minerals Projects & Transactions
- Mining – Hard Rock, Coal and Other Minerals
- Pipelines, Transmission Lines and Other Linear Facilities
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Renewable Energy
- Permitting and Environmental
- Associated Transmission Lines
- State and Local Taxes and Local Government Impact Fees
- Title and Real Estate Related Matters
- Oil and Gas
- Indian Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Lobbying, Regulatory and Administrative Affairs
- Oil and Gas Conservation Commission
- Title Examination
- Agreements With Tribal Members
- Agreements With Tribes
- Regulatory and Administrative Affairs
- Mining – Hard Rock, Coal and Industrial Minerals
- Land and Mineral Acquisition
- Litigation and Administrative Proceedings
- Title Review and Curative
- Pro Bono
- Real Estate
- Access, Title and Property Disputes
- Commercial Real Estate Acquisition, Sales and Leasing
- Condominium and Homeowners’ Associations
- Development, Zoning and Land Use
- Farm and Ranch Transactions
U.S. District of Court, District of Wyoming
Shoshone and Arapaho Tribal Court
U.S. District of Court, District of Colorado
U.S. District of Court, District of North Dakota
2005 – J.D., University of Wyoming, College of Law
2002 – B.S. in Business Administration, University of Wyoming
Prior Experience (Employment)
Judicial Clerk for Hon. Norman Young, Ninth Judicial District Court, Lander, Wyoming
Public Defender for the State of Wyoming
Associate – White & White, P.C., Riverton, Wyoming
Associate – Throne Law Office, P.C., Sheridan, Wyoming
Jim is a board member for the Downtown Sheridan Association, currently serving as board president. He previously served as President of the Fremont County Wyoming Bar Association and as vice-president of the Riverton Country Club board.
Wyoming State Bar Association
North Dakota State Bar Association
Nebraska State Bar Association
Colorado Bar Association
Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation
Wyoming Association of Professional Landmen
Energy Bar Association
Leadership Wyoming (2017-2018)